At Flower Creations we want to help you extend the life of your flowers so you can enjoy them as long as possible.
Here are some tips to follow:
Roses and Cut Flowers
- Fill a clean vase or container with water containing the flower food solution.
- Recut stems on an angle with a sharp knife (not scissors). Remove approximately 2-4 centimetres from the bottom of the stem.
- Put the roses or flowers immediately in the vase filled with water and flower food solution.
- Keep flowers in a cool spot away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, directly under ceiling fans, or on top of televisions or radiators. (Appliances like televisions give off heat, causing flowers to dehydrate.)
- Remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial growth.
- Add water each day to keep the vase full.
- Check the water level immediately after receiving your flower arrangement.
- Add water to fill the container or vase.
- Check the arrangement daily and add water and flower food solution to keep the vase full.
Plants and Planters
- Check the soil regularly and water when they are dry.
- Be careful not to over water. Most planters will require less than one cup of water.